Building resilience using Expressive Arts Therapy through the pandemic- June to July 2021
A 5 weekend Exploratory Expressive Arts Therapy online certificate course this June to July 2021
What is Expressive Arts Therapy?
Expressive Arts Therapy is the practice of using storytelling, singing, instrumental music, movement and dance, drama, and visual arts, all together; in an integrated way, to foster human growth, development, and healing. It is predicated on the assumption that people can heal through use of imagination and the various forms of creative expression and is an inter-modal therapeutic discipline in which the therapist and client may move freely between drawing, dancing, music, drama, poetry, etc.
Expressive Arts Therapy is a gentle non-judgmental approach, enabling the client to become aware of what is happening in his/her unconscious. It enhances self-awareness and facilitates change, including the relation to personal growth and community development. Expressive Arts Therapy can be practiced with individuals, couples, families, and group.
June 2021 : 26th, 27th
July 2021: 3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th, 17th, 18th, 24th, 25th
Timings: 2 pm – 5 pm
For participants from India – Rs 10,000 + GST
For participants outside India:
450 dollars (for IAGP members 400 dollars)
400 euros (for IAGP members 350 euros)
(Kindly get in touch with us for bank details)
- Ms. Magdalene Jeyarathnam, has worked for over 25 years as a Psychological Counsellor. She is an Expressive Arts Therapist, and a board certified Psychodramatist. She has worked as a consultant to several governments, the World Health Organisation (WHO), and the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF). She is a member of the International Association of Group Psychotherapy and Group process, and the Moreno Psychodrama Society — which is affiliated to the Australian and Aotearoa (New Zealand) Board of Psychodrama.
2. Dr. Eric Miller (a native New Yorker, settled in Chennai) is a developer of “Storytelling Therapy” and especially “Fairytale Therapy. Storytelling Therapy methods are also useful for Life Coaching, and Personality Development (of self and others). Eric is a therapist and also a story-writing and storytelling trainer and coach.
4. Henrietta – Counsellor, working with children
5. Bhagyashree – Student of the Diploma in Expressive Arts Therapy
6. Neelima – Student of the Diploma in Expressive Arts Therapy
For more details contact us on 9884700104/ 9884700106
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com